Epitaph Volumes 1 & 2 is a live album by King Crimson.
It was recorded in 1969 at various concerts.
On CD 1:
- 1 and 2 were recorded on May 6, 1969 at the Maida Vale Studios, London
- 3 and 4 were recorded on August 19, 1969 at Maida Vale Studios, London
- 5 to 7 were recorded on November 21, 1969 at the Fillmore East in New York
- 8 to 11 were recorded on December 14, 1969 at the Fillmore West in San Francisco
All the songs on CD2 was recorded on December 15, 1969 at the Fillmore West in San Francisco
King Crimson Epitaph Volumes 1 & 2
1. 21st. Century Schizoid Man
2. In the Court of the Crimson King
3. Get The Bearings
5. A Man, A City
7. 21st. Century Schizoid Man
9. Travel Weary Capricorn
10. Improv – Travel Bleary Capricorn
1. In the Court of the Crimson King
2. Drop In
3. A Man, A City
5. 21st. Century Schizoid Man
The band at this stage was the same as the one that recorded the classic prog rock studio album In the Court of the Crimson King:
Greg Lake – vocals, bass guitar
Robert Fripp – guitar
Ian McDonald – woodwinds, keyboards, mellotron
Michael Giles – drums, percussion
It’s hard to keep up with the personnel changes.
What Other People Say
Buying Epitaph Volumes 1 & 2
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links:
- Amazon.com as a CD
- Amazon.co.uk as a CD or mp3
- it may be available from iTunes as a digital download although King Crimson have been reluctant to put their albums on there.
- eBay as a CD
It’s still worth checking around on the websites to make sure that there isn’t a more up-to-date or less expensive option.
What Do You Think?
Do you think this album is the best live album by King Crimson?
What do you like or dislike about it?
The Best Live Albums Ever
This album is included in the poll to find the best prog rock live albums.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.