Live At The Fillmore East is a live album by Neil Young and Crazy Horse. It was recorded in March 1970 when he played concerts at the Fillmore in New York to promote the studio album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.
Neil Young Live At The Fillmore East
Neil Young played an acoustic set and then an electric set with Crazy Horse.
The Live At The Fillmore East album gives us the electric set although Cinnamon Girl is missing.
- Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere – 3:36 (originally on the album Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere)
- Winterlong – 3:34 (later to appear on Decade)
- Down By The River – 12:22 (Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere)
- Wonderin’ – 2:22 (the studio version was finally released on Everybody’s Rockin’)
- Come On Baby Let’s Go Downtown – 3:51 (from the Crazy Horse album)
- Cowgirl In The Sand – 16:09 (Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere)
Young and Crazy Horse cut loose on the two long tracks – Down By The River and Cowgirl In The Sand.
What Other People Say
Buying Live At The Fillmore East
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links:
Is This The Best Neil Young Album?
I’m very pleased with the way Neil Young has opened the archives and released recordings of concerts from the 1960s and 1970s instead of just plugging the latest tour.
But is Live At The Fillmore East one of the best? Please vote in the poll.
What Are The Best Live Albums Ever?
As well as polls for individual groups and artists, I’ve also created polls for genres of music and this album is nominated as one of the best singer-songwriter live albums.
You might also be interested in the results of the best classic rock live albums.