It’s Too Late To Stop Now Volumes 2, 3 & 4 is a live album by Van Morrison.
This brings us more concert recordings from his 1973 tour that was the source for the original It’s Too Late To Stop Now. The original album picked tracks from:
- The Troubadour, Los Angeles, California,
- Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, California,
- Rainbow Theatre, London, England.
Volumes 2, 3 and 4 provides previously missing tracks from these venues on the following nights:
- The Troubadour, Los Angeles, May 23, 1973,
- Santa Monica Civic, California, June 29, 1973,
- The Rainbow, London, July 23 & 24, 1973.
There is also the option to buy a version with a DVD of the highlights from the London show at The Rainbow on July 24, 1973.
I’ve been a Van Morrison fan for 40 years and I’ve long recognised that It’s Too Late To Stop Now is a terrific live album but could be criticised for:
- Not being long enough – it is just 92 minutes long which is good but not Springsteen-esque.
- It didn’t feature enough of Van Morrison’s own songs as there were 7 covers and 11 Van Morrison originals.
Volumes 2, 3 and 4 puts an end to those complaints.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars From %%REVIEWCOUNT%% Reviews Continue reading Van Morrison It’s Too Late To Stop Now Volumes 2, 3 & 4
I Can’t Make You Love Me is Live album by Bonnie Raitt and Friends.
It was recorded at a Georgetown show in April 1973.
Guest stars incliuded Paul Butterfield s Better Days and the original Rolling Stone himself; Arthur Big Boy Crudup. Lowell George plays as a members of her backing group.
The recording was originally broadcast on the radio and has been released on the Echoes label.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars Continue reading Bonnie Raitt And Friends I Can’t Make You Love Me 1973
Under The Falling Sky is a live album by Bonnie Raitt.
It includes two live performances:
- A solo performance by Bonnie Raitt at Sigma Sound Studios, Philadelphia on February 22nd 1972.
- At the The Record Plant in Sausalito, San Francisco on December 9th 1973 with her band.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars Continue reading Bonnie Raitt Under The Falling Sky 1972 1973
Late Night Truck Stop is a live album by Little Feat.
It was recorded at Ebbets Field in Colorado on 19 July 1973.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars Continue reading Little Feat Late Night Truck Stop 1973
Live in Hamburg The Fabrik Concert 1973 is a live album by The Edgar Broughton Band.
It was recorded on 10th of March 1973.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars Continue reading The Edgar Broughton Band Live in Hamburg The Fabrik Concert 1973
Robin Trower At The BBC 1973-1975 is a collection of live in the studio and live in concert recordings of Robin Trower and his band between March 1973 and January 1975.
This is what’s in the double CD:
- 26th March 1973 – John Peel Session tracks 1 to 4 CD 1
- 26th September 1973 – Bob Harris Session tracks 5 to 8 CD 1
- 20th February 1974 – Bob Harris Session tracks 9 to 12 CD 1
- 5th March 1974 – John Peel Session tracks 13 to 16 CD 1
- 28th January 1975 – John Peel Session tracks 1 to 4 CD 2
- 29th January 1975 – BBC In Concert tracks 5 to 14
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars Continue reading Robin Trower At The BBC 1973-1975
The Pretty Things Live At The BBC is a collections of live recordings made by the BBC between 1964 and 1975.
Continue reading The Pretty Things Live At The BBC 1964 to 1975
Little Feat Live At Ultrasonic Studios, Long Island, April 1973 is a live recording by Little Feat.
This is one of a number of live recordings of early performances by the band. Waiting For Columbus is a great live album but is there a better live performance?
Continue reading Little Feat Live At Ultrasonic Studios, Long Island, April 1973
In Concert or Live On The King Biscuit Flower Hour is a live album by Humble Pie.
It was recorded at the Winterland Theatre in San Francisco on 6/5/1973 and will have been broadcast on the radio.
By this time Clem Clempson had replaced Peter Frampton on guitar.
This live recording has also been released as:
- Hot ‘n’ Nasty Rockin’ The Fillmore with an extra song – Stone Cold Fever – which is available as an mp3 download.
- Up Your Sleeves
- Extended Versions
- Live At Winterland
The songs may have changed slightly or they are in a different order but it is the same basic recording.
Songs On Humble Pie In Concert aka Live On The King Biscuit Flower Hour
1. Up Your Sleeves
2. 4 Day Creep
3. C’mon Everybody
4. Honky Tonk Woman
5. Blues I Believe To My Soul
6. 30 Days In The Hole
7. Road Runner
8. Hallelujah, I Love You So
9. I Don’t Need No Doctor
10. Hot N’ Nasty
Playing on the album are:
Steve Marriott – vocals, guitar
Clem Clempson – guitar
Greg Ridley – bass
Jerry Shirley – drums
Backing vocals were provided by Billie Barnum, Blackberries, Clydie King and Venetta Fields
Buying Humble Pie In Concert aka Live On The King Biscuit Flower Hour
It is available from Amazon.com – Amazon.co.uk – iTunes – eBay
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What do you think?
Is this the best live album by Humble Pie?
Is it good enough to be included in the poll to find the best blues rock live albums?
Recorded Live is a live album by Ten Years After.
It was recorded in Frankfurt, Rotterdam, Amsterdam and Paris on consecutive nights from January 26-29, 1973.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars
Continue reading Ten Years After Recorded Live 1973