The Real Thing is a live album by Taj Mahal.
It was recorded at the Fillmore East, New York on February 13, 1971.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars From %%REVIEWCOUNT%% Reviews
Songs On Taj Mahal The Real Thing
- Fishin’ Blues – 2:57
- Ain’t Gwine to Whistle Dixie (Any Mo’) – 9:11
- Sweet Mama Janisse – 3:32
- Going up to the Country and Paint My Mailbox Blue – 3:24
- Big Kneed Gal – 5:34
- You’re Going to Need Somebody on Your Bond – 6:13
- Tom and Sally Drake – 3:39
- Diving Duck Blues – 3:46
- John, Ain’t It Hard – 5:30
- She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride – 4:08
- You Ain’t No Street Walker Mama, Honey but I Do Love the Way You Strut Your Stuff – 18:56
Playing on the album are:
Taj Mahal – Vocals, Harmonica, Steel Guitar, Banjo, Flute
John Hall – Electric Guitar
John Simon – Piano
Bill Rich – Bass
Greg Thomas – Drums
Kwasi “Rocky” Dzidzournu – Congas
Howard Johnson – Tuba, Flugelhorn, Saxophone
Bob Stewart – Tuba, Flugelhorn, Trumpet
Joseph Daley – Tuba, Trombone
Earle McIntyre – Tuba, Trombone
This is a wide-ranging blues album that’s a lot of fun and is packed with charm as Taj Mahal proves that he can whistle much better than me. Who would have thought we’d ever have four tubas on a blues album!
Buying Taj Mahal The Real Thing
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it the best live album by Taj Mahal? Which do you recommend?
The Best Live Albums Of All Time
Please vote in the poll to find the best live blues albums.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls