Live At The Robin is a live album by Jess Roden and the Humans. It was recorded in 1996 at the Robin, a pub that had regularly live events in Brierley Hill, West Midlands, UK.
Jess Roden Live At The Robin
- When I Call Your Name – 6:08
- So Fine, So Young – 6:24 (from the Jess Roden & The Humans album)
- Cool Water – 4:58
- I Live The Life I Love – 8:36 (from the Jess Roden & The Humans album although it’s called Love The Life I Live)
- Let Me Love You Baby – 8:37
- If You Reallly Want Me – 7:09
- You’d Better Believe It – 4:39 (from the Jess Roden & The Humans album)
- Before I Hurt Myself – 7:57 (from the Jess Roden & The Humans album)
- Rockin’ In The Free World – 9:05 (cover of the Neil Young song)
The Humans were:
Gary Grainger, guitar
Bill Burke, guitar
Nick Graham, bass
Leo Brown, drums
This is a harder rocking band than the Jess Roden band from the mid 1970s that appear on Blowin’ and Live At The BBC and the Humans lack the fuller sound provided by the saxophone, trombone and keyboards.
Roden remains in fine voice and there are no issues with the band who perform well.
Unfortunately this album which is good standing on its own is a poor substitute for those glorious live recordings from the 1970s.
What Other People Say
Buying Jess Roden Live At The Robin
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.