Live with the Big Bands with Charlie Parker, Stan Kenton, Woody Herman, and Joe Timer is a live album recorded between 1951 and 1954.
According to Discogs,
- Tracks 1 to 3 recorded at the Civic Auditorium, Portland, Oregon, February 25, 1954 with The Stan Kenton Orchestra.
- Tracks 4 to 13 recorded at the Municipal Arena, Kansas City, July 22, 1951 with The Woody Herman Herd.
- Tracks 14 to 21 recorded at Club Kavakos, Washington D.C., February 22, 1953 with Joe Timer And “The Orchestra”.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars
Songs On Charlie Parker Live with the Big Bands
1. Intro By Stan Kenton Into “Night & Day”
2. My Funny Valentine
4. Leo The Lion
5. Cuban Holiday
6. Nearness Of You
7. Lemon Drop
8. Goof & I
10. Four Brothers
11. Leo The Lion (Ii)
12. You Go To My Head
13. How High The Moon
14. Fine & Dandy
15. These Foolish Things
16. Light Green
17. Thou Swell
19. DonT Blame Me
20. Something To Remember You By The Blue Room
If you click on the Amazon reviews, please use Right Click – Open Link In New Tab because it is hard to get back to this page.
Buying Charlie Parker Live with the Big Bands
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it one of the best live albums by Charlie Parker?
What Are The Best Live Jazz Albums Of All Time?
Please vote in my poll to find the best live jazz albums. While you may not have heard all of them, I see a vote as a recommendation to other readers.
What great live jazz albums have I missed?
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.