The Great London Concerts is a live album by Duke Ellington with songs from two concerts in England.
- Tracks 1, 3 to 8, & 14 were recorded February 20, 1964;
- Tracks 2, & 9 to 13 were recorded January 22, 1963.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars
Songs On Duke Ellington The Great London Concerts
Details of the tracks are taken from Discogs.
- Take The “A” Train (Instrumental Introduction) – 0:54
- Duke Ellington: Introduction – 0:23
- Perdido – 4:02
- Caravan – 5:20
- Isfahan – 4:30
- The Opener – 3:10
- Harlem – 15:01
- Take The “A” Train (Vocal) – 3:24
- Mood Indigo – 2:49
- C Jam Blues – 3:19
- Don’t Get Around Much Anymore – 3:12
- Diminuendo And Crescendo In Blue – 11:21
- Single Petal Of A Rose – 4:05
- Kinda Dukish & Rockin’ In Rhythm – 5:06
Buying Duke Ellington The Great London Concerts
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it one of the best live albums by Duke Ellington?
The Best Live Albums Of All Time
Please vote in my poll to find the best live jazz albums. While you may not have heard all of them, I see a vote as a recommendation to other readers.
You may also be interested in the poll to find the best light jazz, Rat Pack crooners and easy listening live albums.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.