Ella & Duke At The Cote D’Azur is a live album by Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington.
It was recorded at performances in Juan-les-Pins on the southern coast of France between June 26 and July 29, 1966.
Average Amazon Customer rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars
Songs On Ella Fitzgerald Duke Ellington Ella & Duke At The Cote D’Azur
1. Mack The Knife
2. The Old Circus Train Turn-Around Blues
3. Lullaby Of Birdland
5. Goin’ Out Of My Head
6. How Long Has This Been Going On?
7. Diminuendo In Blue And Blow By Blow
8. Jive Jam
1. It Don’t Mean A Thing (If It Ain’t Got That Swing)
2. All Too Soon
4. So Dance Samb (Jazz Samba)
5. Rose Of The Rio Grande
6. The More I See You
7. The Matador (El Viti)
8. Just Squeeze Me (But Don’t Tease Me)
9. The Trip
10. Things Ain’t What They Used To Be
This is a charming album split into three types of performances:
- Duke Ellington with his orchestra
- Ella Fitzgerald with her small backing band
- Ella Fitzgerald backed by Duck Ellington and the orchestra.
Buying Ella Fitzgerald Duke Ellington Ella & Duke At The Cote D’Azur
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it one of the best live albums by Duke Ellington or Ella Fitzgerald?
The Best Live Albums Of All Time
Please vote in my poll to find the best live jazz albums. While you may not have heard all of them, I see a vote as a recommendation to other readers.
It’s also light enough to qualify for the best lounge live album which features light jazz and easy listening performers.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.