Sex Machine is a “live album” by James Brown and the JBs.
This is a bit of a cheat according to Wikipedia although it contradicts itself.
The first album of the double vinyl album was recorded in the studio with crowd noises added to it to simulate a live performance. Most of the second album was recorded live in Atlanta Georgia but again more “live effects” were added in the studio.
However on the same Wiki page, those “studio” tracks are attributed to concerts in Cincinnati in 1969 and 1970.
By this stage James Brown had moved from soul and r&b to funk.
Songs On Sex Machine
1. Get Up I Feel Like Being A Sex Machine – James Brown, The Original J.B.s
2. Brother Rapp
4. I Got The Feelin’
5. Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose – James Brown, The Original J.B.s
6. I Don’t Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing (Open Up The Door I’ll Get It Myself)
7. Licking Stick – Licking Stick
8. Lowdown Popcorn
9. Spinning Wheel
10. If I Ruled The World
11. There Was A Time
12. It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World
13. Please, Please, Please
14. I Can’t Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)
15. Mother Popcorn
Buying Sex Machine
What Do You Think?
Is this one of the best James Brown live albums?
It is included in the poll to find the best live funk albums.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.