Steppin’ Out is the first live album by British folk singer songwriter Joan Armatrading.
It has been re-branded Performance Classics: Steppin’ Out Live.
It was released in 1979.
Joan Armatrading Steppin Out
- Mama Mercy – 3:31 (originally on the album Show Some Emotion)
- Cool Blue Stole My Heart – 7:17 (Back to the Night)
- How Cruel – 2:30 (from an EP issued in 1979)
- Love Song – 3:37
- Love And Affection – 4:53 (Joan Armatrading)
- Steppin Out – 3:37 (Back to the Night)
- You Rope You Tie Me – 4:25 (To the Limit)
- Kissin’ And A Huggin’ – 6:06 (Show Some Emotion)
- Tall In The Saddle – 6:49 (Joan Armatrading)
I think it is sad that this album hasn’t been extended with bonus tracks as it is very short by modern standards.
Here is a video of Joan Armatrading performing Love and Affection on the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1976
Steppin’ Out from 1979
Cool Blue Stole My Heart from 1980
What Other People Say
The AllMusicGuide website gave it 3.5 stars out of 5. I find that their reviewers often under-mark live albums.
Buying Steppin’ Out By Joan Armatrading
You can get this live album from:
What Do You Think?
Love it or hate it? Tell the world why by leaving a comment below.
What Are The Best Live Albums Of All Time?
Please help me find the best live albums by voting in the readers polls.
If You Like This, I Think You Will Also Like…
- Joan Armatrading Live: All The Way From America – this is a recording of Joan performing live on the Lovers Speak tour in 2003 or 2004.
- Dory Previn Live At Carnegie Hall