Robert Cray Live At The BBC is a collection of live recordings made by the BBC.
The songs were recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London in 1988 and 1991.
Songs On Robert Cray Live At The BBC
- I Guess I Showed Her – 4:00 (originally on the album Strong Persuader)
- Foul Play – 4:34 (Strong Persuader)
- Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark – 4:24 (Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark)
- Don’t You Even Care – 4:54 (Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark)
- Night Patrol – 5:28 (Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark)
- Nothin’ But A Woman – 4:40 (Strong Persuader)
- Phone Booth – 4:10 (Bad Influence)
- These Things – 6:16 (Midnight Stroll)
- My Problem – 5:24 (Midnight Stroll)
- The Forecast (Calls For Pain) – 4:53 (Midnight Stroll)
- Consequences – 4:27 (Midnight Stroll)
- Right Next Door (Because Of Me) – 5:44 (Strong Persuader)
- Acting This Way – 5:03 (Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark)
- Smoking Gun – 6:55 (Strong Persuader)
The first six songs come from the 1988 performance which featured the Robert Cray Band on its own. The remaining eight songs are from 1991 when the band was promoting the Midnight Stroll album and his band are assisted by the Memphis Horns.
With his soulful voice and tasteful guitar playing, Robert Cray is a very accessible route into the pleasures of the blues. This is a very good summary of what is his most popular and probably his best period.
It doesn’t have the tension that many of the most critically praised blues albums but I like it.
Buying Robert Cray Live At The BBC
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it the best live album by Robert Cray? Which do you recommend?
The Best Live Albums Of All Time
Please vote in the poll to find the best live blues albums.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls