Live at Max’s Kansas City is a live album by The Velvet Underground recorded in one of the last concerts that featured Lou Reed in August 1970.
Velvet Underground Live at Max’s Kansas City
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars
This album was extended in 2004 with extra tracks.
- I’m Waiting for the Man – 5:50 (originally on The Velvet Underground & Nico)
- White Light/White Heat – 6:07 (White Light/White Heat)
- I’m Set Free – 5:33 (The Velvet Underground)
- Sweet Jane – 6:18 (Loaded)
- Lonesome Cowboy Bill – 4:41 (Loaded)
- New Age – 6:44 (Loaded)
- Beginning to See the Light – 5:40 (The Velvet Underground)
- Who Loves the Sun – 2:17 (Loaded)
- Sweet Jane – 5:58 (Loaded)
- I’ll Be Your Mirror – 3:02(The Velvet Underground & Nico)
- Pale Blue Eyes – 7:10 (The Velvet Underground)
- Candy Says – 5:48 (The Velvet Underground)
- Sunday Morning – 3:48 (The Velvet Underground & Nico)
- After Hours – 2:50 (The Velvet Underground)
- Femme Fatale – 4:07 (The Velvet Underground & Nico)
- Some Kinda Love – 11:22 (The Velvet Underground)
- Lonesome Cowboy Bill – 5:00 (Loaded)
- Atlantic release promo – 0:49
Six songs from The Velvet Underground album (including two versions of Lonesome Cowboy Bill) and six from Loaded (including two versions of Sweet Jane).
What Others Say About Live at Max’s Kansas City
I’ve seen this album included on two greatest live albums ever lists.
NME – 23rd
DigitalDreamDoor.com – 90th
In contrast, Velvet Underground Live 1969 has been included on three best live album lists and is more strongly favoured by the Amazon reviewers.
Amazon reviewers are mainly positive about Live At Max’s.
Buying This Velvet Underground Live Album
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links::
- Amazon.com as a CD or mp3
- Amazon.co.uk as a CD or mp3
- iTunes as a digital download
- eBay as a CD
What Do You Think About Live at Max’s Kansas City?
Do you think this is better that Live 1969? Please let me know by leaving a comment below.
Is this one of the best of the many live albums by Lou Reed and/or The Velvet Underground?
What Are The Best Live Albums Of All Time?
Lou Reed has albums nominated in the polls for hard rock, classic rock, singer-songwriter, proto-punk and psychedelic genres either as a solo artist or as part of the Velvet Underground.
I’m treating the Velvet Underground as a psychedelic and proto-punk band.
Best psychedelic rock live album
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.