Live Take No Prisoners is a live album by Lou Reed.
It was recorded at The Bottom Line in New York during concerts on May 17–21, 1978 while Reed was promoting the Street Hassle studio album.
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars From %%REVIEWCOUNT%% Reviews
Songs On Lou Reed Live Take No Prisoners
1. Sweet Jane – 10:44 (originally on the studio album Loaded by the Velvet Underground)
2. I Wanna Be Black – 6:29 (Street Hassle)
3. Satellite Of Love – 7:07 (Transformer)
4. Pale Blue Eyes – 7:37 (The Velvet Underground)
5. Berlin – 6:14 (Berlin)
6. I’m Waiting For The Man – 13:59 (The Velvet Underground & Nico)
1. Coney Island Baby – 8:39 (Coney Island Baby)
2. Street Hassle – 13:16 (Street Hassle)
3. Walk On The Wild Side – 16:54 (Transformer)
4. Leave Me Alone – 7:28 (Street Hassle)
Three songs from the latest album Street Hassle and three classics from his days with The Velvet Underground mean that it skimps on his solo back catalogue.
This album has a lot of talking and bantering with the crowd with less emphasis than normal on the songs. It means that some people love it but others hate it with passion.
It’s quite jazzy with plenty of sax from Marty Fogel and it also includes two female backing singers to flesh out the sound.
Buying Lou Reed Live Take No Prisoners
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it the best live album by Lou Reed? Which do you recommend?
The Best Live Albums Of All Time
Please vote in my poll to find the best live albums by singer-songwriters.
Because there are so many excellent singer-songwriter albums with very different styles, I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls