Beach Town Confidential: Live At The Golden Bear 1983 is an archive released live album by The Plimsouls.
It was recorded at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, California on August 13th, 1983 and released in 2012.
Songs On The Plimsouls Beach Town Confidential Live At The Golden Bear 1983
- Introduction – 0:11
- Shaky City – 2:32 (originally on their second album Everywhere At Once)
- Makin’ Time – 2:36
- Zero Hour – 2:37 (on both their Zero Hour EP and the first album, The Plimsouls)
- Hobo – 3:38
- Who’s Gonna Break The Ice? – 4:01
- Fall On You – 2:16
- Oldest Story In The World – 3:37 (Everywhere At Once)
- Magic Touch – 3:16 (Everywhere At Once)
- A Million Miles Away – 4:00 (Everywhere At Once)
- Jump, Jive And Harmonize – 4:39
- Jumpin’ In The Night – 4:22
- Now – 3:19 (The Plimsouls)
- How Long Will It Take? – 2:40 (Zero Hour EP)
- In This Town – 2:29 (The Plimsouls)
- Price Of Love – 2:23
- You Can’t Judge A Book – 3:09
The Plimsouls are often classed as one of the power pop bands around in the early 1980s. While these songs have strong melodies, it’s also a good time style of rock & roll.
I thought the sound quality on Live! Beg, Borrow & Steel was acceptable, this is excellent so for people who insist on a bright, clear sound, this is the preferred album. Others may feel the energy and performance has been toned dial a notch but this is still high energy album that gets you moving.
Buying The Plimsouls Beach Town Confidential Live At The Golden Bear 1983
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this a great live album?
Is it the best live album by The Plimsouls?
What Are The Best Live Albums Of All Time?
I’ve decided to treat it as a power pop album so please vote in my poll to find the best power pop live albums.
You may also be interested in the poll to find the best early R&B and rock & roll live albums.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls