Apollo Saturday Night is an early live album featuring some soul greats including Otis Redding and Ben E King.
Other artists to feature are The Falcons (with Wilson Pickett), Doris Troy, Rufus Thomas and The Coasters. King Curis and his band provided the musical backing for the singers.
It was recorded at the Apollo Theatre in New York City in 1964 and was released the same year.
Average rating from Amazon.com 4.3
Burnin': Live at Freddie Jett’s Pied Pier LA is a live album by R&B singer Esther Phillips.
The album was recorded in late 1969 and released in 1970.
5.0 Continue reading
Stevie Wonder Live is a live album by Stevie Wonder.
Recording details are unknown but it was released in 1970. Another live recording, Live At The Talk Of The Town was released in the same year.
During this period, Wonder was in transition as he moved away from the restrictions of Motown to become the 1970s superstar that produced the classic studio albums Talking Book, Innervisions and Songs In The Key Of Life.
Live Coast To Coast is a live album by Teddy Pendergrass, originally the lead singer for Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes.
It collects together live recordings from three sources:
- Tracks 1-1 to 1-6 were recorded at the Philadelphia College of Performing Arts, Shubert Theater in Philadelphia on August 10th, August 11th and August 12th, 1978.
- Tracks 2-1 to 2-5 were recorded live at The Greek Theater in Los Angeleson September 6th and September 8th, 1979.
- Tracks 2-6 to 2-12 were recorded at the Sigma Sound Studios in Philadelphia for WDAS-FM.
His terrible road accident in 1982 left him paralyzed from the chest down.
4.7 Continue reading
Live At Rockpalast 1991 + 2005 is a live album and DVD by Roachford.
This collects together two televised concerts:
- Music Hall Cologne, 23.07.1991
- Harmonie Bonn, 20.10.2005
Live At The Royal Albert Hall is a live album by Jo Harman And Company.
It was recorded at Bluesfest on 30 October 2013.
The Supremes At The Copa is a live album by The Supremes.
It was recorded at the Copacabana club in New York in 1965. The Supremes at this stage were Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson.
Originally the album was issued with 15 tracks and Diana Ross overdubbed her vocals in the studio because the recording was “not up to Motown’s standards.”
In 2012 an expanded version was issued:
- Disc 1 has the album as it was released in stereo plus ten previously unreleased mono versions with Diana Ross’s original vocals.
- Disc 2 has a complete show compiled from six recordings of the show at the Copa which has the original vovals and also includes some extra tracks.
Curtis In Chicago Recorded Live is a live album by Curtis Mayfield and friends.
Mayfield recaps his time in music up to the 1973 release including reuniting The Impressions.
Wilson Pickett Live In Japan is a live album by Wilson Pickett.
It was recorded at Nakano Sun Plazza in 1973 and was released in 1974.
For many years, this album was hard to find but it was reissued in 2014 on the Floating World label.
MTV Unplugged is a live album and DVD by Alicia Keys.
It was recorded at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City on July 4, 2005.