Live At The BBC is a live album by Dire Straits.
The first seven songs on this album were recorded for a BBC Live in Concert radio broadcast on 22 July 1978. The eighth and final song comes from a performance on The Old Grey Whistle Test on 31 January 1981. It wasn’t released until June 1995.
While this is the earliest of the three Dire Straits live albums, it was the last to be released. Since then Mark Knopfler has pursued a solo career.
Dire Straits Live At The BBC
- Down to the Waterline – 4:10 (from their debut album called Dire Straits)
- Six Blade Knife – 3:47 (Dire Straits)
- Water of Love – 5:29 (Dire Straits)
- Wild West End – 5:12 (Dire Straits)
- Sultans of Swing – 6:38 (Dire Straits)
- Lions – 5:26 (Dire Straits)
- What’s the Matter Baby? – 3:20 (only available on this album)
- Tunnel of Love – 11:56 (Making Movies)
The band at this stage was:
Mark Knopfler – guitar, vocals
David Knopfler – guitar, backing vocals
Alan Clark – keyboards
John Illsley – bass, backing vocals
Pick Withers – drums
What Other People Say
Buying Live At The BBC
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links:
It’s still worth checking around on the websites to make sure that there isn’t a more up-to-date or less expensive option.
What Do You Think?
Do you think this album is the best live album by Dire Straits?
What do you like or dislike about it?
The Best Live Albums Ever
My aim is to help you to find the best live albums through readers polls, my own reviews and from bringing in Amazon reviews.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.