Live Killers is the first live album by Queen, recorded and released in 1979 from concerts promoting the Jazz studio album.
Long terms fans have been wanting a live queen album from the mid -seventies on their tours to promote A Night At The Opera or A Day At The Races. Nothing has yet appeared, making Live Killers the best souvenir of Queen as a live rock band before they went soft.
Queen Live Killers
Queen Live Killers Set List
- We Will Rock You – 3:18 (originally on News Of The World)
- Let Me Entertain You – 3:15 (Jazz)
- Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To…) – 3:31 (A Night At the Opera)
- Killer Queen – 1:59 (Sheer Heart Attack)
- Bicycle Race – 1:28 (Jazz)
- I’m in Love with My Car – 2:08 (A Night At the Opera)
- Get Down, Make Love – 4:31 (News Of The World)
- You’re My Best Friend – 2:08 (A Night At the Opera)
- Now I’m Here – 8:42 (Sheer Heart Attack)
- Dreamer’s Ball – 3:44 (Jazz)
- Love of My Life – 4:57 (A Night At the Opera)
- 39 – 3:26 (A Night At the Opera)
- Keep Yourself Alive – 4:02 (Queen)
- Don’t Stop Me Now – 4:28 (Jazz)
- Spread Your Wings – 5:17 (News Of The World)
- Brighton Rock – 12:13 (Sheer Heart Attack)
- Bohemian Rhapsody – 6:02 (A Night At the Opera)
- Tie Your Mother Down – 3:40 (A Day At The Races)
- Sheer Heart Attack – 3:35 (News Of The World)
- We Will Rock You – 2:48 (News Of The World)
- We Are the Champions – 3:27 (News Of The World)
- God Save the Queen – 1:31 (A Night At the Opera)
Six songs from A Night At The Opera (including Bohemian Rhapsody and God Save The Queen, the two longest songs (Brighton Rock and Now I’m Here) are from Sheer Heart Attack along with a very short Killer Queen and the hits from more recent albums.
Personally I have a problem with six songs from News Of The World and four from Jazz because I turned away from Queen after A Day At The Races.
Here are some videos of Queen performing live at around this time.
We Will Rock You
Death On Two Legs going into Killer Queen
Now I’m Here
Tie Your Mother Down
That’s a little reminder that Queen were a rock band.
I’ve said it before but my favourite Queen live album would have been recorded in 1975 on the Night At The Opera tour or possibly the year after on the Day At the Races tour. I found my interest in Queen trailed away that.
What Others Say About Live Killers
In the greatest ever live album lists, the voting for the best Queen live album is split between Live Killers and Live At Wembley.
The following rated this album:
Planet Rock – 18th
Classic Rock – 25th
Chordstrike.com – 30th
Reviewers at Amazon like this album.
Buying Queen Liver Killers
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links::
- Amazon.com as a CD or mp3
- Amazon.co.uk as a CD or mp3
- iTunes as a digital download
- eBay as a CD
What Do You Think Of Live Killers?
Do you think Live Killers is better than Live At Wembley?
If so why?
What Are The Best Live Albums Ever?
Please help me to find the best live albums ever by voting in the readers polls.
Because there are so many excellent classic rock live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.
You can get these albums from Amazon.com – Amazon.co.uk.
You may be interested in the polls for other classic rock artists like Bad Company – The Beach Boys – The Beatles (group & solo) – Dave Matthews Band – David Bowie – Dire Straits – Bob Dylan – Elton John – Fleetwood Mac – Jethro Tull – Pink Floyd – Queen – Rush – Sting & The Police – The Rolling Stones – Bruce Springsteen – Thin Lizzy – U2 – The Who – Wishbone Ash – Neil Young –
You may also be interested in these other polls:
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls