Live From Paris is a live album recorded by U2 from a concert in Paris in 1987 promoting The Joshua Tree album.
It was originally released as a bonus DVD with the remastered The Joshua Tree album in 2007 and then a music only version was made available through iTunes in 2008. It’s also available from Amazon.co.uk but not from Amazon.com (at the time of writing).
U2 Live From Paris
This album repeats six of the eight tracks from the first U2 live album Under A Blood Red Sky. It adds live versions of the more recent albums, The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree.
- I Will Follow – 3:58 (Boy)
- Trip Through Your Wires – 3:33 (The Joshua Tree)
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – 5:26 (The Joshua Tree)
- MLK – 1:27 (the Unforgettable Fire)
- The Unforgettable Fire – 4:40 (the Unforgettable Fire)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday – 5:33 (War)
- Exit – 4:12 (The Joshua Tree)
- In God’s Country – 2:52 (The Joshua Tree)
- The Electric Co. – 4:32 (Boy)
- Bad – 7:04 (the Unforgettable Fire)
- October – 2:04 (October)
- New Year’s Day – 4:44 (War)
- Pride (In the Name of Love) – 4:55 (the Unforgettable Fire)
- Bullet the Blue Sky – 4:53 (The Joshua Tree)
- Running to Stand Still – 4:07 (The Joshua Tree)
- With or Without You – 9:59 (The Joshua Tree)
- Party Girl – 4:11 (B side of A Celebration single)
- 40 – 6:46 (War)
This is U2 at the stage when they were taking over the world. The Joshua Tree was a huge success and the band sound very confident.
I will be writing a full review and rating for this album.
What Other People Say About U2 Live From Paris
This hasn’t featured in any of the best ever live album lists that I’ve seen but their earlier live album Under A Blood Red Sky does. I think that’s partly because of the late and partial release of it as an album. Many people don’t know it exists and other U2 albums released through the fan club are even less well known.
There aren’t any reviews of it yet at Amazon.co.uk.
You can read some comments about the Live In Paris DVD from The Joshua Tree 2 CDs plus 1 DVD pack.
Buying Live From Paris by U2
What Do You Think About U2 Live From Paris?
Do you like this album?
How do you think it compares to Under A Blood Red Sky?
What Are the Best Live Albums Of All Time?
Please help me find the best live albums by voting in the readers polls.
By this stage U2 were very much in the classic rock mainstream.
Because there are so many excellent classic rock live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.
You may be interested in the polls for other classic rock artists like Bad Company – The Beach Boys – The Beatles (group & solo) – Dave Matthews Band – David Bowie – Dire Straits – Bob Dylan – Elton John – Fleetwood Mac – Jethro Tull – Pink Floyd – Queen – Rush – Sting & The Police – The Rolling Stones – Bruce Springsteen – Thin Lizzy – U2 – The Who – Wishbone Ash – Neil Young –
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls