Live At The El Mocambo is a live album by Elvis Costello and the Attractions recorded on March 6th, 1978 at The El Mocambo in Toronto, Canada.
The recording was originally released as part of the 2 1/2 Years box set but came out on its own in 2009.
Elvis Costello Live At The El Mocambo
Average Amazon Customer Rating – %%AVERAGERATING%% Stars
- Mystery Dance – 2:19 (originally from the album My Aim Is True)
- Waiting For The End of the World – 3:52 (My Aim Is True)
- Welcome To The Working Week – 1:19 (My Aim Is True)
- Less Than Zero – 4:08 (My Aim Is True)
- The Beat – 3:33 (This Year’s Model)
- Lip Service – 2:26 (This Year’s Model)
- (I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea – 3:56 (This Year’s Model)
- Little Triggers – 2:47 (This Year’s Model)
- Radio Radio – 2:33 (bonus added to This Year’s Model)
- Lipstick Vogue – 4:46 (This Year’s Model)
- Watching The Detectives – 5:48 (bonus added to My Aim Is True)
- Miracle Man – 4:07 (My Aim Is True)
- You Belong to Me – 2:32 (This Year’s Model)
- Pump It Up – 4:42 (This Year’s Model)
6 tracks from My Aim Is True and 8 from This Year’s Model. What’s there not to love about this 1978 Elvis Costello concert?
As an individual album, standing on its own without any competitors, it’s fine.
Perhaps the biggest problem is that Live At The Hollywood High from June 1978 has 7 tracks from My Aim Is True, 10 from This Year’s Model and 3 previews of songs that would appeal on the third Elvis Costello studio album, Armed Forces.
What Other People Say
Buying Elvis Costello Live At The El Mocambo
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think?
Is this the best live album by Elvis Costello?
What Are The Best Live Albums Of All Time?
Please vote in my poll to find the best punk and new wave live albums.
You may also be interested in the poll to find the best indie rock and alternative rock live albums.