The Way We Walk Volume One: The Shorts is a live album from Genesis, mainly recorded in 1992 on the We Can’t Dance tour and with three tracks from the 1986/87 Invisible Touch tour.
This live album concentrates on their hit singles. A companion album, Genesis The Way We Walk, Volume Two: The Longs gives more attention to their more progressive songs
Genesis The Way We Walk Volume One: The Shorts
- Land of Confusion – 5:16 (originally on the studio album Invisible Touch)
- No Son of Mine – 7:06 (We Can’t Dance)
- Jesus He Knows Me – 5:24 (We Can’t Dance)
- Throwing It All Away – 6:02 (Invisible Touch)
- I Can’t Dance – 6:54 (We Can’t Dance)
- Mama – 6:50 (Genesis)
- Hold on My Heart – 5:41 (We Can’t Dance)
- That’s All – 4:59 (Genesis)
- In Too Deep – 5:36 (Invisible Touch)
- Tonight, Tonight, Tonight – 3:36 (Invisible Touch)
- Invisible Touch – 5:41 (Invisible Touch)
This set represents Genesis the hit singles band. Looking back, the hits weren’t as high as i remembered but I think I was reeling from the sell-out.
I turned off Genesis as an album band when Steve Hackett left after Wind & Wuthering. Some of these songs are very catchy but for me it’s not Genesis.
What Other People Say About Genesis The Way We Walk, Volume One: The Shorts
This is what the reviewers at Amazon have to say.
Buying The Way We Walk : The Shorts
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links::
What Do You Think?
Do you like this album?
The Best Genesis Live Album
You can vote in my readers poll to discover the best live Genesis album and you’ll immediately see what other readers think as well.
Classic Rock Not Prog Rock
By this stage Genesis have stopped being a progressive rock band and I’m treating this album as a contender for the best classic rock live album.
Records show that Genesis were selling far more albums as a pop rock group than they ever did as a progressive rock group.