Playing The Fool is the first live album released by progressive rock group Gentle Giant. It was recorded on their European tour in the autumn of 1976.
Gentle Giant Playing The Fool
- Just the Same – 5:57 (originally on the studio album Free Hand)
- Proclamation – 5:18 (The Power and the Glory)
- On Reflection – 6:20 (Free Hand)
- Excerpts from Octopus – 15:39 (Octopus)
- Funny Ways – 8:30 (Gentle Giant)
- The Runaway – 3:56 (In A Glass House)
- Experience – 5:36 (In A Glass House)
- So Sincere – 10:20 (The Power and the Glory)
- Free Hand – 7:40 (Free Hand)
- Sweet Georgia Brown – 1:21
- Peel the Paint/I Lost My Head – 7:32 (Three Friends/Interview)
The set list is a nice summary of their earlier albums although it has very little from Interview, the album they released in 1976 which means the album serves less well as a reminder of where Gentle Giant were live in 1976.
GG have a big reputation with more specialised prog rock fans but I’ve found them a tough group to appreciate myself.
What Other People Say About Gentle Giant Playing The Fool
Gentle Giant are too obscure to appear in any of the best live albums lists.
Amazon reviewers like this album.
Buying Playing The Fool
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links:
What Do You Think About This Gentle Giant Live Album?
Love it? Hate it? Why?
What Are The Best Prog Rock Live Albums?
Playing The Fool is nominated in the readers poll to discover the best live prog rock albums.
Because there are so many great progressive rock live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.