Absent Lovers is a live album by experimental prog rock group King Crimson. It was recorded at a concert in Montreal in July 1984. The group were promoting the Three Of A Perfect Pair album.
Members of King Crimson at this stage were:
Robert Fripp – guitar
Adrian Belew – guitar, drums, vocals
Tony Levin – bass guitar, Chapman stick, synthesizer, vocals
Bill Bruford – drums, percussion
King Crimson Absent Lovers
- Entry of the Crims – 6:27
- Larks’ Tongues in Aspic (Part III) – 5:05 (Three of a Perfect Pair)
- Thela Hun Ginjeet – 7:07 (Discipline)
- Red – 5:49 (Red)
- Matte Kudasai – 3:45 (Discipline)
- Industry – 7:31 (Three of a Perfect Pair)
- Dig Me – 3:59 (Three of a Perfect Pair)
- Three of a Perfect Pair – 4:30 (Three of a Perfect Pair)
- Indiscipline – 8:14 (Discipline)
- Sartori in Tangier – 4:40 (Beat)
- Frame by Frame – 3:57 (Discipline)
- Man With an Open Heart – 3:44 (Three of a Perfect Pair)
- Waiting Man – 6:26 (Beat)
- Sleepless – 6:08 (Three of a Perfect Pair)
- Larks’ Tongues in Aspic (Part II) – 7:54
- Discipline – 5:04 (Discipline)
- Heartbeat – 5:15 (Beat)
- Elephant Talk – 8:56 (Discipline)
What Other People Say About Absent Lovers By King Crimson
I haven’t seen it on any of the best live album lists.
Amazon reviewers like it.
Buying Absent Lovers
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links::
It’s not yet available as a digital download from Amazon or iTunes but things can change.
Is Absent Lovers The Best King Crimson Live Album?
Do you think this is the best live album by King Crimson?
What Are the Best Live Prog Rock Albums?
Absent Lovers has been included in the nominees for the best live progressive rock album ever.
Do you think it deserves to be ranked towards the top or can you think of plenty of better progressive rock live albums. Please vote.
Because there are so many great progressive rock live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.