S&M is a live album by heavy metal group Metallica together with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra. It was recorded in April 1999 at The Berkeley Community Theatre in California.
- The Ecstasy Of Gold – 2:30 (from the soundtrack of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly by Ennio Morricone)
- The Call Of Ktulu – 9:34 (originally on the studio album Ride The Lightning)
- Master Of Puppets – 8:54 (Master of Puppets)
- Of Wolf And Man – 4:18 (Metallica)
- The Thing That Should Not Be – 7:26 (Master of Puppets)
- Fuel – 4:35 (Reload)
- The Memory Remains – 4:42 (Reload)
- No Leaf Clover – 5:43 (previously unreleased)
- Hero Of The Day – 4:44 (Load)
- Devil’s Dance – 5:26 (Reload)
- Bleeding Me – 9:01 (Load)
- Nothing Else Matters – 6:47 (Metallica)
- Until It Sleeps – 4:30 (Load)
- For Whom The Bell Tolls – 4:52 (Ride The Lightning)
- Human – 4:19 (the B side of the Nothing Else Matters single)
- Wherever I May Roam – 7:01 (Metallica)
- The Outlaw Torn – 9:58 (Load)
- Sad But True – 5:46 (Metallica)
- One – 7:53 (…And Justice For All)
- Enter Sandman – 7:39 (Metallica)
- Battery – 7:24 (Master of Puppets)
Here is a video of Master Of Puppets from the concert.
And Enter Sandman.
What People Say About S&M
I have seen it included in several best live albums lists:
Planet Rock 32
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links::
What Do You Think?
Do you think this is the best live album by Metallica?
Love it or hate it? Leave a comment below.
What Are The Best Live Albums Ever?
Please help me to find the best live albums by voting in my readers polls:
Because there are so many great hard rock and heavy metal live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.