What is the best AC/DC live album? If You Want Blood gets plenty of praise but is it the live recording that fans think is best?
The Best AC/DC Live Album Competition
For a band with such a great reputation and with the loss of their lead singer, Bon Scott when they were hitting their heights, there are surprisingly few live albums.
If You Want Blood You’ve Got It gets lots of praise from the critics but it was recorded in April 1978 and therefore misses content from studio albums such as Highway To Hell (with Scott), and Back in Black and For Those About To Rock.
The Live Concert Recordings Of AC/DC
The Best AC/DC Live Album Poll
I think we know what the winner is so I’m allowing two votes per person to see if there is another essential purchase.
My thoughts on the results :
As expected, If You Want Blood is romping away the title of best live album by AC/DC.
AC/DC Live is a strong second but I have a feeling that’s more of a comment on the lack of competition than on the album itself.
This is a band who may benefit from more radio broadcast style live albums unless they open up their own archives. Mind you, that may cost them in the hard rock genre poll by splitting their votes.
Voting In Other Best Live Album Polls
If you’re an AC/DC fan, then I’m sure you like other hard rock and heavy metal.
What do you think are the best hard rock live albums ever? Please vote in the poll and see the results so far.
What Are The FIVE Best Hard Rock Or Heavy Metal Live Albums Ever? (Click on the links to go to the reviews)
- Deep Purple Made In Japan (41%, 183 Votes)
- The Who Live At Leeds (26%, 116 Votes)
- UFO Strangers In The Night (24%, 107 Votes)
- Iron Maiden Live After Death (23%, 101 Votes)
- AC/DC If You Want Blood You Got It (22%, 98 Votes)
- Led Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same (18%, 81 Votes)
- Thin Lizzy Live And Dangerous (18%, 80 Votes)
- Led Zeppelin How The West Was Won (17%, 74 Votes)
- Judas Priest Unleashed In The East (16%, 73 Votes)
- Kiss Alive (16%, 72 Votes)
- Rush All The World’s A Stage (13%, 60 Votes)
- Rainbow On Stage (11%, 50 Votes)
- Scorpions Tokyo Tapes (10%, 43 Votes)
- Rush Exit… Stage Left (10%, 43 Votes)
- Blue Öyster Cult On Your Feet Or On Your Knees (9%, 40 Votes)
- Motörhead No Sleep ‘Til Hammersmith (8%, 34 Votes)
- Metallica Live Shit: Binge & Purge (7%, 33 Votes)
- Aerosmith Live Bootleg (6%, 26 Votes)
- Black Sabbath Live Evil (6%, 26 Votes)
- Neil Young Weld (6%, 25 Votes)
- Ozzy Osbourne Tribute (5%, 24 Votes)
- Bob Seger Live Bullet (5%, 22 Votes)
- MC5 Kick Out The Jams (5%, 21 Votes)
- The Rolling Stones Get Yer Ya Yas Out 1969 (4%, 18 Votes)
- Blue Öyster Cult Some Enchanted Evening (4%, 17 Votes)
- Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes Live At The Greek (4%, 17 Votes)
- Kiss Alive 2 (4%, 17 Votes)
- Scorpions World Wide Live (4%, 16 Votes)
- Slayer Decade of Aggression: Live (4%, 16 Votes)
- AC/DC Live (3%, 14 Votes)
- Saxon – The Eagle Has Landed: Live (3%, 14 Votes)
- Ozzy Osbourne Speak of the Devil 1982 (3%, 13 Votes)
- Rush – In Rio (3%, 13 Votes)
- Blue Öyster Cult Extraterrestrial Live (3%, 12 Votes)
- Nirvana From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (3%, 12 Votes)
- The Michael Schenker Group One Night at Budokan (2%, 11 Votes)
- Iron Maiden Rock In Rio (2%, 11 Votes)
- Rory Gallagher Stage Struck (2%, 11 Votes)
- Hawkwind Space Ritual Alive (2%, 11 Votes)
- Dio At Donnington 1983 & 1987 (2%, 10 Votes)
- Grand Funk Railroad Caught In The Act (2%, 10 Votes)
- The Rolling Stones The Brussels Affair 1973 (2%, 10 Votes)
- Mott The Hoople Live (2%, 10 Votes)
- Lou Reed Rock n Roll Animal (2%, 10 Votes)
- Black Sabbath Live At Last (2%, 10 Votes)
- Metallica S & M (2%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 446
You may also want to look at the other polls I’ve set up for hard rock and heavy metal artists to see whether you agree with other readers.
best Aerosmith album – best Black Sabbath & Ozzy album – best Blue Oyster Cult album – best Deep Purple album – best Jimi Hendrix album – best Kiss album – best Led Zeppelin album – best Ted Nugent album – best The Rolling Stones album – best Thin Lizzy album – best The Who album – best Wishbone Ash album