Live In Paris recorded on the 7th April 1975 is the last Mark III performance by Deep Purple because Ritchie Blackmore left the band and had already recorded Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow with Ronnie James Dio.
Deep Purple Live In Paris 1975
- Burn – 9:46 (originally on the album Burn)
- Stormbringer – 5:12 (Stormbringer)
- The Gypsy – 6:11 (Stormbringer)
- Lady Double Dealer – 4:35 (Stormbringer)
- Mistreated – 12:49 (Burn)
- Smoke on the Water – 11:10 (Machine Head)
- You Fool No One – 19:30 (Burn)
- Space Truckin’ – 21:21 (Machine Head)
- Going Down – 5:19 (written by Don Nix and recorded by Freddie King)
- Highway Star – 11:33 (Machine Head)
In terms of time, much of the set is still taken up with Machine Head tracks. personally I’d have preferred that Space Trukin’ was dropped and replaced with more from Burn and Stormbringer.
This is Deep Purple Mark III so the band consisted of:
- David Coverdale – lead vocals
- Ritchie Blackmore – guitar
- Jon Lord – organ, keyboards, backing vocals
- Glenn Hughes – bass, backing vocals
- Ian Paice – drums, percussion
While the Gillan / Glover version of Deep Purple may get much of the attention, I think it’s a mistake to overlook the contribution that Coverdale and Hughes have made. Both Burn and Stormbringer are very good albums and it’s far too easy to dismiss them because of past glories
What Other People Say
It is tough to look past Made In Japan as the Deep Purple live album but give Live In Paris a chance.
Buying Deep Purple Live In Paris
It is available from Amazon.com – Amazon.co.uk – iTunes – eBay
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
You may also be interested in a poll looking at the live albums by the Main Deep Purple members outside the main group.
What Do You Think?
Is this one of the best live albums by Deep Purple?
What Are The Best Live Albums Ever?
Please help me find the bet live albums by voting in the readers polls.
best live albums by heavy metal groups
Because there are so many great hard rock and heavy metal live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
You may be interested in other hard rock artist polls – AC/DC – Aerosmith – Alice Cooper – Black Sabbath – Blue Oyster Cult – Deep Purple – Dream Theater – Gary Moore – Iron Maiden – Jimi Hendrix – Judas Priest – Led Zeppelin – Mott The Hoople – Ronnie James Dio – Rush – Ted Nugent – The Rolling Stones – Thin Lizzy – The Who –