The Alice Cooper Show is a live album by Alice Cooper recorded at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas in August 1977.
This is quite late in his career for his first live album and much of his success was in the early seventies.
Alice Cooper is a showman and any live album is going to fail to capture the full experience of his live shows because the “shock-rock” visual antics were such an important part of the entertainment.
The emphasis on death and dying is not to my tastes but he does have some great tunes.
The Alice Cooper Show
The Alice Cooper Show Set List
- Under My Wheels – 2:35 (originally on the Killer album)
- I’m Eighteen – 5:00 (Love It To Death)
- Only Women Bleed – 5:57 (Welcome To My Nightmare)
- Sick Things – 0:59 (Billion Dollar Babies)
- Is It My Body – 2:36 (Love It To Death)
- I Never Cry – 2:46 (Alice Cooper Goes To Hell)
- Billion Dollar Babies – 3:18 (Billion Dollar Babies)
- Devil’s Food / The Black Widow – 5:52 (both on Welcome To My Nightmare)
- You And Me – 2:25 (Lace and Whiskey)
- I Love The Dead / Go to Hell / Wish You Were Here – 6:38 (Billion Dollar Babies / Alice Cooper Goes To Hell / Alice Cooper Goes To Hell)
- School’s Out – 2:39 (School’s Out)
The big problem with this live album is that it is too short at 38 minutes. There are many classic Cooper songs that are missing and as soon as it gets started, it ends. It would be nice to see this album extended with the full show, in the way The Who did with Live At Leeds.
This is a softer sound than you may expect from an Alice Cooper live album with more emphasis on the piano parts. Remember this comes after he broke up his original Alice Cooper band.
The band on this album were:
- Alice Cooper – vocals
- Steve Hunter – guitar
- Dick Wagner – guitar, vocals
- Prakash John – bass
- Fred Mandel – keyboards
- Whitey Glan – drums
The two guitarists played on the excellent Lou Reed live album Rock’n’Roll Animal.
Here is a video of Alice Cooper performing Schools Out live in 1977.
And a 1975 version of Only Women Bleed to show that Alice Cooper has a softer side to him.
What Other People Say
Buying The Alice Cooper Show
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links:
What Do You Think About The Alice Cooper Show?
This album has a mixed reputation so what do you think? Is it the best Alice Cooper live album?
What Are the Best Live Albums Ever?
Should this album be included in either (or both) of my polls to find the best classic rock live albums and the best heavy metal live albums? I don’t think it’s good enough to get worthwhile support. Both these polls have more than 100 voters.
I also have a second division heavy metal poll where albums can be promoted.
And a second division classic rock poll as well which might have more of your favourite albums that need your support.
If You Like This…