Final Vinyl is a compilation album from Rainbow that mainly features live tracks focusing on the time when the group moved into pop-rock in the 80s.
The Rainbow of Since You’ve Been Gone and I Surrender is very different from the hard rock group that Ritchie Blackmore formed straight after leaving Deep Purple.
As well as live versions of the popular Rainbow songs, there are also a few studio rarities.
Rainbow Final Vinyl
- Spotlight Kid – 6:03 (Difficult To Cure live in Tokyo 1984)
- I Surrender – 5:43 (Difficult To Cure live in Tokyo 1984)
- Miss Mistreated – 4:21 (Straight Between The Eyes, live in Tokyo, 1984)
- Street Of Dreams – 4:54 (Bent Out Of Shape live in Tokyo, 1984)
- Jealous Lover – 3:10 (B-side of Can’t Happen Here)
- Can’t Happen Here – 4:14 (Difficult To Cure live in Nassau or Boston, 1981)
- Tearin’ Out My Heart – 8:05 (Straight Between The Eyes live in San Antonio, 1982)
- Since You Been Gone – 3:47 (Down To Earth live Castle Donington, England 1980)
- Bad Girl – 4:51 (B-side of Since You Been Gone)
- Difficult To Cure – 11:15 (Difficult To Cure live in Tokyo 1984)
- Stone Cold – 4:28 (Straight Between The Eyes, live in San Antonio, 1982)
- Power – 4:25 (Straight Between The Eyes, live in San Antonio, 1982)
- Man On The Silver Mountain – 8:16 (from Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow, recorded live in Atlanta, 1978
- Long Live Rock ’n’ Roll – 7:08 (from the album of the same name, recorded live in Atlanta, 1978)
- Weiss Heim – 5:15 (B-side of All Night Long single)
“Who is the singer?” is the critical question to ask for Rainbow. The answer on this album is:
Joe Lynn Turner on most of the tracks but it’s Graham Bonnet on Since You’ve Been Gone and Bad Girl and Ronnie James Dio on Man On The Silver Mountain and Long Live Rock ’n’ Roll.
I’m surprised by the inclusion of Man On The Silver Mountain as that’s on the other Rainbow live albums like On Stage.
My interest in Rainbow fell away when Ronnie James Dio left as I disliked the way Rainbow started to sound like the synthetic rock of Foreigner.
What Other People Say
Buying Final Vinyl
To help you to find the album quickly and easily, I’ve given you the following links::
- Amazon.com as a CD
- Amazon.co.uk as a CD or mp3
- eBay as a CD
I couldn’t find it on iTunes when I looked.
What Do You Think About This Album?
Do you like Final Vinyl or do you really want a full concert of the Joe Lynn Turner version of Rainbow to be released?
Is this the side of Rainbow that you prefer?
What Are The Best Live Albums Of All Time?
Please help me find the best live albums by voting in the readers polls. I’m classifying this stage of Rainbow’s career as AOR rather than hard rock.
You may also be interested in the best classic rock live albums
Because there are so many excellent classic rock live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.
You can get these albums from Amazon.com – Amazon.co.uk.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls.