Live From Toronto is a live album by The Who from their 1982 tour promoting the It’s Hard studio album.
And yes, it was recorded at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Canada.
The Who Live From Toronto
- My Generation – 2:48 (from The Who Sings My Generation)
- I Can’t Explain – 2:30 (single)
- Dangerous – 3:39 (It’s Hard)
- Sister Disco – 5:13 (Who Are You)
- The Quiet One – 4:22 (Face Dances)
- It’s Hard – 4:57 (It’s Hard)
- Eminence Front – 5:36 (It’s Hard)
- Baba O’Riley – 5:19 (Who’s Next)
- Boris the Spider – 3:22 (A Quick One)
- Drowned – 8:11 (Quadrophenia)
- Love Ain’t for Keeping – 2:40 (Who’s Next)
- Pinball Wizard – 2:47 (Tommy)
- See Me, Feel Me – 4:14 (Tommy)
- Who Are You – 6:28 (Who Are You)
- 5:15 – 6:27 (Quadrophenia)
- Love, Reign O’er Me – 4:47 (Quadrophenia)
- Long Live Rock – 5:06 (Odds & Sods)
- Won’t Get Fooled Again – 10:07 (Who’s Next)
- Naked Eye – 7:00 (Odds & Sods)
- Squeeze Box – 2:52 (The Who By Numbers)
- Young Man Blues – 4:38 Mose Allison that first appeared on Live At Leeds
- Twist and Shout – 3:40 cover of the song made famous by the Beatles
Since The Who didn’t vary their set list much, this is quite an adventurous mixture with songs from It’s Hard and some rarely played oldies like Boris The Spider, Love Ain’t For keeping and Naked Eye.
The original members of The Who – Pete Townshend, Roger Daltry and John Entwistle are joined by Keith Moon replacement drummer Kenney Jones and Tim Gorman plays keyboards. This is a much reduced sound compared to Join Together from 1989.
I haven’t heard this album because it’s not available in the UK except as an import,. I’ve read that the sound is poor.
Here is a video of The Who performing My Generation in Toronto in 1982.
And Love Reign O’er me from the same concert.
And Love Ain’t For Keeping
What Other People Say
Buying The Who Live From Toronto
These links will help you get to the albums quickly and easily but I recommend that you still search for the best deal.
What Do You Think About the Who Live From Toronto?
Do you like this live album and do you think that it’s one of their best?
What Are The Best Live Albums Ever?
Please vote in the poll to find the best classic rock live albums.
Because there are so many excellent classic rock live albums I have split the poll into two and you may find some of your favourites in the second division. Albums will be promoted when they get enough votes.
You may be interested in the polls for other classic rock artists like Bad Company – The Beach Boys – The Beatles (group & solo) – Dave Matthews Band – David Bowie – Dire Straits – Bob Dylan – Elton John – Fleetwood Mac – Jethro Tull – Pink Floyd – Queen – Rush – Sting & The Police – The Rolling Stones – Bruce Springsteen – Thin Lizzy – U2 – The Who – Wishbone Ash – Neil Young –
You may also be interested in the best hard rock albums poll.
You can see the complete list of readers polls at Live Album Polls