I’ve posted some videos from Pete Pardo from the Sea of Tranquility website on The Who.
The Who are responsible for one of the all-time greatest live albums in The Who Live At Leeds (along with two other live performances from the same year in The Who Live At Hull and The Who Live At The Isle Of Wight).
Yet they are also a band that frustrates me.
We’ve had a stack of live albums from their various revivals but we’re short of that blockbuster they must have in the can from the mid 1970s. The best of the post 1970 live albums by The Who is The Blues To The Bush, in my opinion.
Top 10 Songs: The Who
What are my favourite songs by The Who?
Here goes with some songs but this is off the top of my head rather than definitive.
- Behind Blue Eyes, Bargain and Won’t Get Fooled Again from Who’s Next
- Pure And Easy from Odds and Sods
- Who Are You – I’ve watched so many episodes of CSI that this is drummed into my head.
- 5:15 and Love Reign O’er me from Quadrophenia
- Slip Kid, Dreaming From The waist and Imagine A man from The Who By Numbers
- My Generation from Live At Leeds with the See Me Feel Me refrain
- I Can’t Explain, Substitute, I’m A Boy and Pictures of Lily from Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy
I realise that’s more than ten but it is hard to cut them down. I could easily have added more songs from Who’s Next, Quadrophenia and By Numbers. Have you guessed I’m not particularly taken with Tommy?
Deep Cuts on Classic Albums- The Who ‘Who’s Next’
What Are The Best Live Albums?
First, what about The Who? What are their best live albums?